Engage your voice. Beyond praying it is also important to be an advocate for the poor and needy in your church or your organization. On our website we have various tools that can help you engage your church or your organization to become defenders of the poor and needy.
Take the time to read through our blog posts and watch our videos.
If you want to go even further, start with “When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without hurting the Poor and Yourself” This book, more than any other besides the Bible, informs our philosophy on how we do development.
Then get proactive in talking with your leaders at church, your Christian school, or organization and explain how E4 Project can help them have a lasting impact among the poor and needy.
Here are some further suggestions:
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without hurting the Poor and Yourself
- The Hole in Our Gospel: What does God Expect of Us?
- Walking with the Poor: Principles and Practices of Transformational Development
- Help without Hurting in Short-term Missions: Leaders Guide
- Serving with Eyes Wide Open: Doing Short-term Missions with Cultural Intelligence
- The PovertyCure DVD Series (great for a small group experience)
- Helping without Hurting (a six-part video series by Life.Church in partnership with the Chalmers Center. Free on YouTube)