A simple way to make a huge difference in the lives of Gabonese villagers.
- A child dies every minute in Africa from malaria.
- Malaria is the 2nd leading cause of death from infectious diseases in Africa, after HIV/AIDS.
- 3.3 billion people, half the world’s population, live in areas at risk of malaria transmission.
- 35 countries (30 in sub-Saharan Africa and 5 in Asia) account for 98% of global malaria deaths.
- 89% of the malaria deaths worldwide occur in Africa.
- Mosquitoes transmit the virus from dusk til dawn through their bite.
- If left untreated within 24 hours malaria symptoms can intensify into more severe, life threatening symptoms that can lead to death.
- Malaria is 100% preventable.
- Provide long lasting mosquito nets treated with insecticide to those without access to them to protect them from this preventable yet deadly disease.
- Educate about the causes of malaria and how to prevent infection.
- Money is donated in the United States and sent to Gabon, Africa.
- Mosquito nets are purchased in Gabon.
- The nets are delivered to villages through OSPAC, our Mobile Medical Ministry.
- Donate money for the purchase of mosquito nets
- Buy a t-shirt to raise awareness and support the cause. Profits go to the purchase of mosquito nets.
- Sarah Lewan is the founder of Project Sunset. She set out to raise funds to purchase mosquito nets for the people of Africa, and this past summer was able to pass out over 700 nets in the villages of Gabon. We have joined with Sarah to raise funds for OSPAC, our mobile medical ministry partner in Gabon, to provide life-saving mosquito nets.