Donate today to reduce the risk of malaria in Gabon and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
A simple way to make a huge difference in the lives of Gabonese & Congolese villagers.
- A child dies every minute in Africa from malaria.
- Malaria is the 2nd leading cause of death from infectious diseases in Africa, after HIV/AIDS.
- 3.3 billion people, half the world’s population, live in areas at risk of malaria transmission.
- 35 countries (30 in sub-Saharan Africa and 5 in Asia) account for 98% of global malaria deaths.
- 89% of the malaria deaths worldwide occur in Africa.
- Mosquitoes transmit the virus from dusk til dawn through their bite.
- If left untreated within 24 hours malaria symptoms can intensify into more severe, life threatening symptoms that can lead to death.
- Malaria is 100% preventable.
- Provide long lasting mosquito nets treated with insecticide to those without access to them to protect them from this preventable yet deadly disease.
- Educate about the causes of malaria and how to prevent infection.
How you can help:
- Donate money for the purchase of mosquito nets or our prevention education programs.
Project Sunset in the DRC.
- Project Sunset was founded by Sarah Lewan. She started this program in 2011 during her freshman year of college with a goal of raising enough money for 50 nets that she could distribute through our mobile medical clinics in the summer of 2012 on her first trip to Gabon. After her first trip, Sarah joined with E4 Project to further this program. To date, Sarah’s program has funded over 1,500 mosquito nets and educated over 34,000 people about malaria and its prevention.